Add Meta Tags To Each Blogger Post

Meta+Tags+For+Each+Blogger+PostIt's pretty obvious that every one who blogs would love to receive more visitors. So, this post basically provides a simple customization by which you can increase your traffic. It improves the SEO of your blog. Although many bloggers would have added the meta tags to their blog, at least one fourth of them would have missed a piece of code which makes a lot of difference when compared to the other blogs. This line is simply a meta tag representing each blogger post rather than the blog as a whole.

I assume that you have already added meta tags for your blogger blog. If that is not the case, then you need to view this post namely, "Add Title Tags To Your Blogger Blog" before you proceed with this post. If you had completed the previous step, then follow the following steps.

1. Navigate to Design->Edit HTML. As usual, create a back up of your template before you make any changes to the template. Once the back up is done, proceed to step 2.
2. Search for the following piece of code in your template.
<title><data:blog.pageName/> | <data:blog.title/></title>
3. Paste the following piece of code just below the line mentioned in step 2.
<meta expr:content='data:blog.pageName' name='description'/>
4. That's all folks!!! Your blog is ready to get a little more hits than before.

So, what does this code do with my blog? To keep it very simple, assume that a person searches your blog on any search engine, say Google, then he/she would see a description written by you beneath the name of your blog as shown in the picture below. When it comes to a post page, that is, if he/she searches for some content, say "Add meta tags to each blogger post", then the post title would be the meta description that appears on the post page.
Meta-Tag-ResultsDo you wonder what benefit your blog would get by making this small customization? The answer is very simple, better search engine ranking which in turn means more traffic. Another advantage would be like this, if your blog and another blog has got the same traffic and if you had installed this tag it means you have a better edge over him and I'm pretty sure you will receive more hits than the other blog.

I hope the above customization will help your blog rank better than before in the search engines. I tried this on my blog and I felt it was pretty effective. So, I hope even you feel the same. Please, feel free to share your views via comments!!!

Enjoyed the article?
Subscribe to this Blog via Email:

Click here to subscribe to FREE email updates from "Everything About Blogging", so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you and your blog!

    Other Recommended Posts

  • Blogger Tutorials
Anonymous

Really Wrote in a easy way to understand and thanks for sharing the tip.It will help us better in SEO
Once Again Thanks For Sharing...!
You Got A New Subscriber For Your Email Updates.
Have A Nice Day And Blogging :)

REPLY
Mukund said on October 2, 2010 at 9:36 PM :

@Anonymous: Thanks for the comment!!! I always try to keep it simple and I am happy that you subscribed to my blog. I hope you enjoy the updates from my blog:)

REPLY
Antivirus 2010 said on October 8, 2010 at 3:03 AM :

Yes you are very right meta tags are are most important for SEO, If you have good meta tag then It also affects your Indexing.

REPLY
Mukund said on October 8, 2010 at 5:49 AM :

@Antivirus 2010: Yeah!! Thanks for your comment!! It is vital for SEO!!! I recently checked out my Google Webmasters account and I found 21 short meta descriptions in the HTML suggestions page due to the above script.

REPLY
SEOnlineLab said on October 9, 2010 at 10:10 PM :

The right choose of the "description" and the "keywords" meta tags is the most important part of on page optimization.

REPLY
Mukund said on October 9, 2010 at 11:22 PM :

@SEOnlineLab: You are absolutely right! It is pretty obvious that your meta description should be perfect and short. I recommend you to have one, not more than 150 words. Few people say Google stopped recognizing meta keywords. But, I'm not sure about the Big G. I still have it on my blog. No harm in just having an extra piece of code.

REPLY
Web Design said on October 12, 2010 at 6:39 PM :

The method is looking simple but when i am adding Meta tag into other pages it shows me number of XML templates errors.

REPLY
Mukund said on October 12, 2010 at 9:41 PM :

@Web Design: First of all, thanks for the comment!! Now, Let me know what kind of error do you get? It is pretty simple to add these meta tags to blogger.

REPLY
Mr film said on October 13, 2010 at 1:11 PM :

I tried but does not display meta :(

REPLY
Mukund said on October 13, 2010 at 5:28 PM :

@Mr film: Please do wait for some time!! You need to provide some time for the robots to crawl your website. I'm sure you will find the description after few days!!

REPLY
HCG News Network said on October 31, 2010 at 11:50 AM :

This tip rocked. Thanks so much!

In fact, thanks for ALL your posts. I'm reviewing a lot of past ones as I put together my new blog (news.AmericasHCG.com).

REPLY
Mukund said on October 31, 2010 at 2:57 PM :

@HCG News Network: thanks for the comment! I hope you enjoy all the posts in my blog. I love to see you more often on my blog through comments!!

REPLY
YOGEN BASNET said on November 6, 2010 at 2:32 PM :

Hello, Iam Yogen. Thank you very much for the hack, can you write on the topic faster page load. Waiting for your response.
http://bloglism.blogspot.com
http://www.bloglism.co.nr

REPLY
Mukund said on November 6, 2010 at 4:08 PM :

@YOGEN BASNET: I have made two posts regarding the topic you asked for!! I will publish another one in few weeks time! Please subscribe to the blog so that you don't miss any of the updates!!! By the way, thanks for the comment! I wish to see you more often here on my blog!!

REPLY
YOGEN BASNET said on November 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM :

Hello, Iam Yogen. Thank you very much for the hack, can you write on the topic faster page load. Waiting for your response.
http://bloglism.blogspot.com
http://www.bloglism.co.nr

REPLY
Web Design said on November 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM :

The method is looking simple but when i am adding Meta tag into other pages it shows me number of XML templates errors.

REPLY
Mr film said on November 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM :

I tried but does not display meta :(

REPLY
Mukund said on November 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM :

@Anonymous: Thanks for the comment!!! I always try to keep it simple and I am happy that you subscribed to my blog. I hope you enjoy the updates from my blog:)

REPLY
mark said on December 1, 2010 at 10:28 PM :

tnx much for the tips.... helped me a lot esp with my new blogger BLOG.

REPLY
Mukund said on December 1, 2010 at 11:57 PM :

@mark: Thanks for the comment! I hope you find more interesting tips for your new blog on my blog!!!

REPLY
ezad said on December 12, 2010 at 4:45 PM :

can this code been use to put diferent meta tag in different post?it must put after "head".i get this from another blog,but i still can't use it,i dont know why,can you explain about this?

please click my name to see blog that shown those code.i can't put url here.

REPLY
Mukund said on December 12, 2010 at 8:34 PM :

@ezad: Thanks for the comment ezad! Though I did not understand your comment, I would like to make things clear for you. We don't have enough options like WP on blogger. Secondly, these tags will generate tags from the title. To view the results of this tag, just check out your webmaster tools and check out the HTML suggestions and you will know the result!!

REPLY
Mistress Of The Castle said on December 29, 2010 at 11:38 PM :

Thanks!!

REPLY
Mukund said on December 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM :

@Mistress Of The Castle: Welcome!! I hope you enjoy my other articles as well!!

REPLY
Vinayak said on January 4, 2011 at 11:07 AM :

Thanks for a information that tells about the meta tags, though in sequence to emanate it with reduction efforts greatfully, visit following link for the meta tag creator:
Meta Tag Generator | ProBogBooster

For some-more sum revisit ProBlogBooster:
ProBogBooster

REPLY
Rajib Kumar said on February 26, 2011 at 10:51 PM :

Hey, really nice tips for blogger. Thanks for share..

REPLY
Mukund said on February 27, 2011 at 7:40 AM :

@Rajib Kumar: Thanks for the comment! I hope you enjoy the other articles on my blog!

REPLY
xDer said on February 28, 2011 at 7:34 PM :

done it! thnx for sharing this great skill :)

REPLY
Mukund said on February 28, 2011 at 9:20 PM :

@xDer: I'm happy that you could do it on your blog. Thanks for the comment!!!

REPLY
Mahendra said on March 4, 2011 at 9:05 AM :

Does it really works

REPLY
Mukund said on March 4, 2011 at 4:30 PM :

@Mahendra: If you have a doubt if it really works, then install it and later, see your webmaster tools account after a week. You will know the change. Under HTML suggestions tab, you will find short meta tag descriptions for each blogger post you made!!!

REPLY
Rajib Kumar said on April 19, 2011 at 10:48 PM :

Hey, really nice tips for blogger. Thanks for share..

REPLY
bames said on June 7, 2011 at 7:53 PM :

thanks for the tips. I am new to blogging and I am trying my best to improve.

REPLY
Mukund said on June 7, 2011 at 10:41 PM :

@bames: Thanks for the comment bames! I hope our blog provides you a better view about blogging and blogger. Hope you enjoy the upcoming articles too!!

REPLY
N.S Shyam Raj said on June 8, 2011 at 6:57 PM :

Thank you Mukund Im greatful to you, As I am new to blogging Iam learning most of the blogging tutorials from here.

REPLY
Mukund said on June 8, 2011 at 7:04 PM :

@N.S Shyam Raj: I'm glad to know that you are able to find the tutorials from our blog. Thanks for your comment! Would love to see you more often on my blog!

REPLY
Abhi said on July 1, 2011 at 8:03 PM :

I do not think this works if it is working then the first few lines of your post is used as description. So use wisely.

I have heard that Google now do not use meta tags if it is true ten please check your blog> dashboard> Stats> sources > keywords and match with the one .

Allcoolfacts.blogspot.com

REPLY
Mukund said on July 1, 2011 at 8:16 PM :

@Abhi: Well, it actually works but I accept the point you said. It actually fetches the title of your blog post as the meta tag - not the first few lines as you mentioned.
However, it's not what you intended to have for every post but, I feel something is better than nothing. That's the reason, I posted about this article. In fact, I still run it on my blog! Thanks for the comment Abhi!

REPLY
Miro said on July 7, 2011 at 3:04 AM :

Hi! Don't understand what should I do. I added code from step 3 just below the line in step 2 but I still have not meta tags in each blogger post. Can you help me please?

REPLY
Mukund said on July 7, 2011 at 7:42 AM :

@Miro Just follow the steps in the tutorial and check your webmaster tools for results! You'll probably see the results in a couple of weeks time! Thanks for the comment!

REPLY
Sudeep Acharya said on July 14, 2011 at 7:46 AM :

hello do you how to make post as description i mean first paragraph as description in blogger and lables as keywords!

REPLY
Mukund said on July 14, 2011 at 10:56 AM :

@Sudeep Acharya: Well, you need to use the jump break icon to make a short description and it's difficult to make labels as keywords. But, I'll try to find out if it's possible! Thanks for the suggestion!

REPLY
bailey button triplet boots said on August 13, 2011 at 7:04 AM :

However, it's not what you intended to have for every post but, I feel something is better than nothing. That's the reason, I posted about this article. In fact, I still run it on my blog! Thanks for the comment Abhi!

REPLY
Mukund said on August 13, 2011 at 1:18 PM :

@bailey button triplet boots: Well, exactly! Something is better than nothing and that's the reason I still have it on my blog as well!

REPLY
aivil vin said on August 21, 2011 at 10:15 PM :

Really wonder post !
I also wanted to apply this for my blog as we need to take care each post of our blog, and not only to a blog as whole.
Customized SEO for each your blog post is the key.

I got the key here-thanks Mukul for this one:)

REPLY
Mukund said on August 21, 2011 at 11:23 PM :

@aivil vin: Thanks for the comment buddy! I hope blogger announces an option to add individual meta tags for each article! Anyway, glad that you found what you wanted here.

REPLY
Ian said on August 29, 2011 at 2:04 PM :

i find this very useful. very easy steps in adding tags to my blog. thank you so much. I used this one at http://entertainmentflush.blogspot.com

REPLY
Mukund said on August 29, 2011 at 4:15 PM :

@Ian: Yup! Thanks for the comment! I hope you enjoy the upcoming articles on my blog as well!

REPLY
PC Tricks Tips said on August 31, 2011 at 2:05 PM :

This is cool trick. However can we add article little content for meta Description? Because of this method we can see meta Description and meta title same.

REPLY
Mukund said on August 31, 2011 at 3:08 PM :

@PC Tricks Tips: Hmmm! Something that I should think about! I'll try to work out the code and possibly provide you an answer soon! Connect with me on talk to share your ideas:) Anyway, thanks for the comment!

REPLY
expirium said on September 3, 2011 at 2:45 PM :

Thanks for this. Very nice. I used on my blog http://www.freedroid-app.blogspot.com Thank you again

REPLY
Mukund said on September 3, 2011 at 3:01 PM :

@expirium: Yup! Thanks for the comment! Hope you enjoy the other tutorials on my blog as well:)

REPLY
Anonymous

useful info

REPLY
Abhishek said on September 10, 2011 at 5:54 PM :

Sir i tried to add this on my blog... now post title is not coming.. earlier before adding this post title was coming while search or sharing posts.

Can it not possioble that post title and descripotion both will come




Tell me what i do

REPLY
Mukund said on September 10, 2011 at 11:06 PM :

@Abhishek: It is not possible to have a description for each article on blogger. However, we can have the post title as our meta tag description - as explained in the article above. Just let me know what your problem is via email - probably with a screen shot and I'll surely help you:)

REPLY
benooi said on September 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM :

Well, this doesn't work on mine.

I wonder does this

(meta expr:content='data:blog.pageName')

poiting to the post title?
The description came out was according to the post title. But I see it works perfecly on newbloggtingtipz.

I think there's gotta be other codes right? :)

REPLY
Mukund said on September 18, 2011 at 2:49 PM :

@benooi: Just hit me an email with your template and I'll get the job done for you:)

REPLY
benooi said on September 19, 2011 at 1:01 PM :

@Mukund
I just got your reply. I hope it works!
Anyway, thanks a lot for the help!

REPLY
Naruto said on October 16, 2011 at 9:03 PM :

Hi.

How do it put meta tags in each of my blogger posts? Is it possible? Please help.

Thanks.

REPLY
Ammar said on October 17, 2011 at 3:17 PM :

Thank you so much Mukund.

REPLY
Mukund said on October 18, 2011 at 11:39 PM :

@Naruto: You cannot add meta tags individually for each article on blogger. However, when you install the above codes, they auto generate meta tags based on the post title!

REPLY
Food for the Finicky said on November 13, 2011 at 8:52 AM :

I can't find the code in step 2 on my template. What popped up contained: title data:blog.pageTitle title,
which is located under my blog site META tag. Can I paste the code in step 3 below it? Thanks.

REPLY
nithysuper said on November 13, 2011 at 8:54 PM :

visit my site to get more idea on this article http://newbloggingtipsandtricks.blogspot.com/

REPLY
nithysuper said on November 13, 2011 at 9:00 PM :

visit my site to get more idea on this article http://newbloggingtipsandtricks.blogspot.com/

REPLY
Mukund said on November 15, 2011 at 11:47 AM :

@Food for the Finicky: I would be glad to help you with this issue provided you send me your template via email stating the problem you face. May be I can solve it straight away!

REPLY
Tauheed said on November 19, 2011 at 5:04 PM :

Not Found the code that you mentioned to look it on you blogger templates edit html.

what can I do now please help me ...

email: tauheed110@gmail.com

REPLY
διαγωνισμοι said on November 20, 2011 at 10:35 AM :

I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. maintain up the nice operate, and It is going to be a regular visitor for a long time….

REPLY
Anonymous

I made myself, but I do not know how local search engine will treat double the description and title page.

REPLY
fuck_blogspot said on November 25, 2011 at 5:13 PM :

I made myself, but I do not know how local search engine (Russia) will treat double the description and title page.

REPLY
Mahbub Hasan Rajib said on November 27, 2011 at 8:06 AM :

It is a nice post that has make me clear about adding Meta Tags on my blog site. I think you might also like what I have written here about Adding Meta Tags on my Blogger post

http://www.blogger-tricks.com/

REPLY
Sania said on December 6, 2011 at 2:40 PM :

Thanks for such a great information..

REPLY
smaile said on January 19, 2012 at 12:01 AM :

i tried but it does not work...anyway thank you :D

REPLY
Joy said on February 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM :

Wow, to simpel,
thanks :)

REPLY
unknownymous said on February 19, 2012 at 1:37 PM :

nowadays all blogger blog have this. i don't somebody their didn't know this meta tags. but still good info for those starter.
http://www.pctionary.info/
http://tweak101.blogspot.com/

REPLY
cheryl said on February 20, 2012 at 10:32 PM :

Sadly I could not find the line "title data:blog.pageName/ | data:blog.title//title" (I just took the breaks out for this message as it kept saying I couldn't add tags) in any of my blogger posts...I wonder why that would be...any ideas?

Thanks

Cheryl

PS I'm a new subscriber too! :-)

REPLY
Anonymous

I have an engineering blog site http:// hfoplant.blogspot.com
I already added meta tag...but how many word can i add in this meta tag?

REPLY
Amir Rahman said on March 5, 2012 at 5:29 PM :

This is Cool tip for SEO. But can you post the meta keywords script for every post.

REPLY
archi said on March 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM :

really first class advice. Seen 1 new visitors in last hour. Normally takes all day for that to happen

REPLY

Use the tab below to comment. No spam please!!!

[netinsert=0.0.1.11.14.1]